With Pancake Day tomorrow (aka my favourite day of the year) I thought I'd rustle up a super easy pancake recipe. I generally follow the rule of '1,2,3' and add ALL THE TOPPINGS. Mike thinks I'm really weird for having so many toppings on my pancakes, and for eating so many pancakes too. Most years I only manage about 8 or so, but I'm going to push the boat out tomorrow and see if I can make 10. Seriously guys, I love this day.
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- butter or vegetable oil for frying
- as many toppings as you desire
- mix the flour, eggs and milk in a bowl until smooth
- heat a frying pan up with a little butter or vegetable oil, once hot reduce the temperature to a medium heat
- pour a little batter into the pan and fry for around 1 minute on each side or until golden. To test if one side is done, get a spatula and try to life the edges up. If they come up easily it's time to turn over. *optional: flip pancake over like a superstar after one minute - make sure you catch it though and that it doesn't stick to the ceiling*
- plate up and add toppings. My favourites are lemon juice, sugar, syrup, cream, and nutella... all at once.
And that is the '1,2,3' supper easy pancake recipe! Let me know if you try this yourself.
What are your favourite toppings?