The obligatory post. My New Year Resolutions:1. Complete Dry January. I'm not a huge drinker, but over the two week Christmas period I've put on over 4lbs. It's two of my friends birthday in the middle of January, as well as my birthday and my anniversary at the end, so it's not going to be easy. My boyfriend is doing this with me (he drinks way more than I do so it's going to be harder for him) and I really hope we can complete this together.
2. Save money. I really need to save money as I want so many things this year. I *hopefully* graduate in July and I would like to go away in the summer to celebrate. I also want to move house/improve our current one, as well as having my own car rather than sharing with Mike. I told myself last year that I would save money to buy a Mulberry bag - do you know how much I saved? Nothing. Hopefully the end of this year will be a little different.
3. Travel more. This sort of links in with point two. Last year I didn't get to travel anywhere as I'd just got a new job, but hopefully this year I'll be able to get away for at least a weekend. I don't even mind if it's within the UK, just a break from the small town that I live in would be a nice treat.
4. Get out of current job and into a happier one. I like the money that I get each month, and I've made some fantastic friends who have become my best friends, but the place that I work in is really bitchy and stressful. It also prevents me from spending time with William, restricts my time doing coursework (and is having an effect on my grades) and forces me to work on holidays such as Boxing Day and New Years Day (it's in my contract - boo!). I'd love to just leave the place but then I'd be short on rent, so for now I'm stuck there until I can find a better job.
5. Make better choices. Last year I made some silly choices (like leaving coursework until the day before, saying no to opportunities etc). This year I hope to make better choices that will benefit me rather than other people. Also, I need to remind myself that if I don't like something then I shouldn't stay in that situation.
6. Spend time on me. Linking in to point five, I felt like last year was spent trying to please other people and i didn't really do anything for my benefit. I did things because it would make others happy and this year i want to change that to making me happy.
7. Take more pictures. and print them off. I love having photos in my home rather than all stored on my phone or a memory card. Whats the point in taking pictures if you can't look at them regularly? And what about if there's a technical failure and you lose all of your photos? My mums house has a huge box filled of pictures from my childhood, and I'd like to start doing that for my family. *reminds self to buy more Polaroid film*.
8. See my family more. With working so much last year, and always being in university, I didn't get a lot of chances to see my family. I saw my mum one every two or so months even though she lives about 15 minutes away in a car, I only saw William in the evening when I was giving him his tea and putting him to bed, and I only saw my grandparents about twice in the whole year. This year I'm going to take time out to visit everyone and cherish the memories.
9. Eat healthier. I can't believe I put on over 4lbs in two weeks. it's the most I've ever put on over Christmas, and I know that it shouldn't really bother me as i should love my body anyway etc etc but to me it's took a toll on my self esteem and my health in general. I struggle walking up the stairs without getting tired and I'm constantly tired. Hopefully I will make better eating choices this year, and continue to exercise throughout the year rather than just January.
10. Plan ahead. Although doing spontaneous things is great, and I've made a lot of memories that way, planning ahead is essential for me. I like to think of myself as an organisational person (apart from coursework) and I do like to plan things. Even if they don't happen, I like looking back over my plans and seeing where I'm up to in making them happen.
What are you looking forward to this year? Do you have any resolutions?