My first attempt at baking a cheesecake (and it tastes rather nice):
For the base:
125g digestive biscuits
For the filling:
175g Lindt Creations Raspberry Dream
500g Philadelphia cream cheese
150g caster sugar
1 tablespoon custard powder
3 large eggs
3 large yolks
142ml pot soured cream
For the decorations (optional):
150g Lindt Creations Raspberry Dream
1 packet fresh raspberries
• Crush biscuits into crumbs and add the butter. mix together and line the base of a 23cm (9in) spring form tin. Put into the freezer while you make the filling.
• Pre heat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180ºC/ 350ºF. Put the kettle on to boil.
• Melt the chocolate and set aside. Beat the cream cheese to soften. Add the sugar and custard powder and beat to combine. Beat in the three whole eggs and the 3 yolks and then the soured cream. Finally, add the melted chocolate.
• Take the springform tin out of the freezer and line the outside with foil, ensuring that you use extra to protect it front he water bath.
• Put the tin into a roasting pan and add the cheesecake filling. Then fill the roasting pan with just boiled water (about halfway up the tin) and bake for 30-45 minutes. The top of the cheesecake should be set but the underneath should still have a nice wobble to it). The cheesecake may rise during the baking, but this will go back down after cooling.
• Leave to cool, then place int he fridge covered in cling film over night.
• melt 150g chocolate and pour on top of cheesecake. Add raspberries to decorate.
• ensure that cheesecake has lost its chill before removing from the tin before serving.
Personally I think that the cheesecake tasted really nice (especially since it was my first time!) I would probably not put chocolate on the top of the cheesecake next time as it made it difficult to slice, but other than that I was really happy with the results.
Do you like cheesecake? What's your favourite flavour?