Today I decided to do a tag that Danniella from famousinjapan. It's called The Blogger Made Me Buy It.
Here are the questions:
1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I tend to turn to Helen from thelovecatsinc and Kate from gh0stparties. I trust both their judgements and they always give detailed and honest opinions on products. On more than one occasion I've bought products because these girls have mentioned them.
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
As I said above, I have bought products just because Helen and Kate mentioned them, but for more expensive products or hyped products I like to read a few reviews before I buy them.
3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
my Real Techniques brushes. I have all but about three now I think. They're honestly the nicest and softest brushes I've used. I've even thrown some of my other brushes away because I didn't use them anymore as I have the RT ones.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
The Laura Mercier primer is the one that stands out the most. I just thought it was one of the worst primers I've used. My make up just fell off my face and it left me feeling greasy.
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Redken Extreme set, Bumble and Bumble Thickening hairspray, The Body Shop Tea Tree pore minimiser, Becca Rejuvenating primer, Hydraluron
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I have given into a few hypes, mainly the Naked palette ones (I had one, two and basics before realising I didn't need/like and sold them on). I also bought the Hydraluron which I need to get around to using more, and the Apocalips hype which I actually liked.
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I avoided the Baby Lips hype as they're just lip balms, and I don't understand why they were so hyped up. I'm glad I avoided it though as I saw loads of bad reviews on them afterwards. I've also managed to avoid the Naked 3 palette hype so far.
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
Most items that I buy are based on blogger reviews, however there has been occasions when I've been browsing through Boots and saw products that I hadn't seen people mention before. These are usually nail varnishes, mascaras or the odd skin/hair care product.
So there's my answers! I tag anyone who reads this to do it as I think that it is a really good tag, and I want to read your answers!
If you do decide to do this then please leave your links below